Camino Verde is a United States-based 501-c-3 tax-exempt charitable organization dedicated to:
- Protecting and understanding biodiversity in the Peruvian Amazon.
- Protecting indigenous rights, autonomy, and wisdom.
- Spreading sustainable ways of life and encouraging fair, sustainable development.
Our mission is to plant trees and encourage others to do the same.
Camino Verde is committed to upholding the strictest standards of sustainability, integrity, transparency, and simplicity in order to realize our goals. It is our belief that the most powerful solutions are usually simple– and always direct. In the pursuit of “beyond sustainability,” the natural world is the inspiration and model for the solutionswe create.
Camino Verde at a glance:
- over 10,000 trees planted, representing 250 species, as part of our Living Seed Bank
- 180 acres (75 hectares) of rainforest under Camino Verde ownership
- 1600 acres (640 hectares) more protected through our conservation partnerships
- over 4500 trees planted with 20 partner farmers through our Basic Agroforestry project
Summary/ Turning carbon footprints into healthy soils
We incorporate charcoal (biochar) into soils, improving fertility (nutrient-retaining capacity), and in so doing create a stable carbon sink in which CO2 is sequestered for hundreds of years.
We add charcoal or “biochar” to agricultural soils, with the additional benefit of improving soil quality. Charcoal is a very stable form of carbon, sequestering CO2 captured by trees for hundreds or thousands of years without decomposing.
At Positiv Hub we take our reputation seriously. We do not manage third-party resources. Donors must relate directly to the organization that is published.
Positiv Hub does not support with grants and donations. It does not receive help from public funds. It is funded by foundations, individual philanthropists and corporate social responsibility.